Last week I was living my dream week. Have you ever taken the time to document when you’ve had a really good day, or even a really good week? It’s helpful to take stock on what’s working and what’s not.
Here’s all the things that filled my cup over 7 days from Oct. 21 – 28:
- I went to a pumpkin patch with my family
- walked 25 minutes every morning
- listened + finished a book on Audible
- got a 90-minute massage
- watched a movie with my family
- had an energizing team call as we clarified my offerings for 2020
- had coaching calls with my clients
- virtual co-coaching with a friend + dreamed and doodled
- hipline dance class with friends –– my favorite teacher Nadia, played all the hits
- sunset hike with a friend and fur babies
- long lunch at True Food Kitchen + mastermind with friends
- shopped at my favorite store Anthropologie (they had 25% off everything for members)
- double date night to see Thom Yorke in concert under the stars –– followed by late night tacos and carne asada fries
- shopping day with Zoe to help her find a book for her friend’s birthday + ate Wetzel Pretzel bits!
- girls night in at my place where watched When Harry Met Sally + Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and played Dutch Blitz until 2:30am
- drove to wine country for my friend’s baby blessing + shower (during my solo drive there and back I got to catch up with my mom and friend)
I look at my life like one big experiment.
So I wrote down why I loved my week so much: I was with my family and friends outdoors. I listened to live music. I gave myself time and space to think and dream. I connected with my favorite girlfriends in person and online. I moved my body. I had valuable + insightful conversations with my clients. I created content that would be valuable for other people’s audiences. Lots of experiences that activated all of my senses. I felt useful + focused. I felt inspired and strong. I felt creative and intentional.
I also asked myself what was missing. Here’s what I wrote: doing in person events with clients (bringing people together and leading retreats + workshops is my FAVORITE thing to do in my business); writing my book and creating my planner (I spent more time creating content for others, versus creating content for my own body of work).
What does a dream week look like for you?
Take the time to write it down.
That’s why I love having conversations with so many creatives and entrepreneurs on my podcast. I get to hear people’s stories on how they pursue their dream life through persistence, resilience and curiosity.
If you want to build a satisfying life without sacrificing a paycheck, and you want to build a more profitable business without sacrificing your life, then this week’s episode of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with Scott Voelker, founder and host of The Amazing Seller podcast, a TOP Ranked Business show where he helps regular, everyday people start and grow their own online business in Ecommerce.
Scott is a serial entrepreneur that has built and helped others build 6 and 7 figure brands online over the past 15 years and has now taught and inspired thousands all over the world, through his “Take Action” approach with his book: The Take Action Effect: Proven Steps to Build a Future-Proof Business & Create Your Ultimate Freedom.
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!):
- How Scott knew it was time to leave his father’s construction business and become his own boss
- What it looked like to start a photography business with his wife and the benefits and challenges of being in a partnership with a spouse
- How Scott transitioned to the online space and what pushed him to do so
- The marketing strategies from his early days of being an entrepreneur that still work for him (and you) today
- What his first product launch looked like, and why he says it literally “changed his life”
- What inspired him to start his top-ranked podcast and the “failures” that taught him so much about podcasting, business and life in general
FIND full show notes here: jadahsellner.com/171
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Play (or wherever you listen to podcasts). As you’re listening, take a screenshot, share your favorite takeaway and tag me on Instagram and Facebook with #leadwithlovepodcast.