Today I’m flying home after an awesome three days in San Diego with Pat Flynn and his mastermind. I looooooooove being a part of business masterminds. It’s so important as leaders to have coaches and a group of peers to lean on when you’re growing a business for support and accountability.
It’s why I love leading my Love Over Metrics Incubator. We start with a business leadership retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains next month to help women get clarity on the right steps to take to achieve their business goals and dreams.
The one thing I’ve learned in business and life, is how important it is for us to expand our toolbox on how to have brave, vulnerable, and sometimes challenging conversations. If you want more tools to communicate your boundaries, desires and needs, then this episode is for you.
In episode 131 of the Lead with Love podcast, I get cozy with two dear friends of mine, husband and wife Bob Gower and Alexandra Jamieson, and authors of the new book Getting to Hell Yes. We talk about how to have honest conversations with people you work with and people you love.
Alexandra Jamieson is the best-selling author of Women, Food & Desire, co-creator and co-star of the Oscar-nominated documentary Super Size Me, and highly-sought-after wellness expert and coach to creative, professional women who want it all.
Bob Gower is the author of Agile Business: A Leader's Guide to Harnessing Complexity and has advised leaders at numerous companies—including GE, Ford, Chanel, PG&E, and Spotify—in creating more effective organizations.
We talk about…
- Taking a stand with your clients in order for them to have more love in their own lives
- The importance of boundaries and honest conversations in work and life
- Why finances aren’t the only metrics bigger companies should be looking at
- Giving voice to our “secret shames”
- What was going through Alex’s mind before publishing her viral blog post, and what it was like for Bob witnessing her shedding her identity
- The ways Bob and Alex are able to navigate a relationship while both being in the public eye
- Where the idea for their new book, Getting to Hell Yes, came from and the powerful 4-part structure featured in it
P.S. Love Over Metrics Incubator starts October 1st! For women who are serious about taking their business to the next level without compromising their health, relationships and sanity in the process. Save time and serve more. I only open up applications once a year, so if you’re ready for high level support in an intimate community, click here to learn more and apply now!