You deserve to
love your life
Where your power is
The past seven days have been so full!
I just finished leading the Love Over Metrics Incubator retreat and speaking at The Hivery E-Lab. And it’s definitely time to rest, recalibrate and integrate back into home/work life.
After a big week of being on and “people-ing”, I crash. By 3:30pm on Sunday, I was mush. All I wanted to do was take my bra and shoes off and melt into my covers.
So here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Booked 2 massages
- Watched several episodes of Felicity on Hulu, so my inner rebel wouldn’t freak out on me (otherwise my thinking brain still wants to fix all. the. things.)
- Called my life coach for a heart check-in
- Scheduled quality time with my husband and daughter (separately) for the upcoming weekend
- …and make a plan to get back on track to unplug as a family from 7-9pm during the week
What I’ve learned about myself is I can’t rush right back into home life after big events. I still need a little down time with just me, myself and I.
I’m so curious how you take care of yourself after a big output of energy and creativity?
It’s important that we fill ourselves up and serve from the overflow when we want to make our businesses a catalyst for change.
If you want to do business differently and embrace being a pioneer, rebel and culture maker in your industry, then episode 134 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you. I get cozy with sought after speaker, educator, and one of CreativeLive’s best selling Money & Life experts, Tara McMullin.
Where Your Power Is
“Not only do I want to help people make better businesses, better business decisions and become better founders, but I want to make better jobs for people.”
– TARA MCMULLIN
Tara is on a mission to turn today’s small business owners into tomorrow’s economic powerhouses. She’s the founder of CoCommercial, a platform for helping small business owners work together to achieve their business goals. Entrepreneur named her podcast, What Works, one of 24 top women-hosted podcasts for business owners. Tara’s work has been featured in Fast Company, Inc, DailyWorth, Forbes, and The Huffington Post.
In this episode, you’ll learn why it’s important for us to tear down the power structures we’ve been trying to step away from and the power of building community first.
We talk about…
- Why Tara moved from a traditional scaled coaching business to focus on building community first
- How to see the biggest barrier the people in your community are facing right now
- Tara’s intention in building CoCommercial membership without using her personal brand to grow it and the challenges that she’s faced along the way
- How products can evolve through multiple iterations over many years
- Her experiences in operating a brick and mortar business and why she feels her latest business is now like a “toddler” in many ways
- What she’s most proud of about the team she’s built and where a lot of business owners go wrong here when doing this
- We’ll also talk about the one skill that every entrepreneur needs
FIND full show notes here: jadahsellner.com/134
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music (or wherever you listen to podcasts). As you’re listening, take a screenshot, share your favorite takeaway and tag me on Instagram and Facebook with #leadwithlovepodcast.