You deserve to
love your life
The journey to a million followers
So I just learned the term MAYcember from The Holderness Family. Watch this music video if you have kids and you’re feeling overwhelmed in the month of May. It made me laugh out loud, especially the part about watching kids in recitals.
May seems to always be such a full month with Mother’s day, tons of BBQs and birthday celebrations (including my birthday!), and end of year festivities.
I just led a retreat in the Santa Cruz Mountains for my Love Over Metrics Incubator –– are you on the waitlist yet?! I had a pinch me moment of gratitude. Even though this month feels soooooo busy, I am beyond thankful for the work I have the privilege to do, the people I get to spend time with, and another day to fully celebrate and appreciate life.
That’s why I love my conversation with today’s Lead with Love podcast guest. She shares the upsides and joys of being online (even when she has to deal with criticism online), growing her Instagram account to one million followers, and why she says she’ll never complain about social media.
I think it’s a beautiful reminder to remember that we “get to do this.”
What if you believed in yourself more than anyone else?
In this episode of the Lead with Love podcast, I get cozy with my friend My Nguyen, founder of My Healthy Dish. We talk about building with intention and not letting the critics (which are sometimes the people you love the most) stop you from going after your dreams.
The Journey to a Million Followers
I really saw the potential of what Instagram was, and I attacked it like it was my full-time job. From day one I knew there was something there.
– MY NGUYEN
You can find her recipes with a healthy twist on the food you love over on her Instagram account @myhealthydish_ which she grew to over one million followers. So we definitely cover some Instagram tips and strategies in today’s episode.
My actually was the person who encouraged me to start an Instagram account in 2012 for Simple Green Smoothies. If it wasn’t for her nudge and encouragement, my life would look a lot different today.
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!):
- How My uses the feedback she receives from her followers to become a better influencer
- The rejection and failure she experienced when looking to get her first book published and how she reframed it
- How and why she intentionally pivoted on Instagram to go back to sharing more of herself again
- The way My was able to get better at handling the criticism and how she protects her energy as an online influencer
- What she sees as the upsides and joys of being online, and why she says she’ll never complain about social media
- Her Instagram strategies that worked then and now, including how she wins the “hashtag lottery”
FIND full show notes here: jadahsellner.com/159
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music (or wherever you listen to podcasts). As you’re listening, take a screenshot, share your favorite takeaway and tag me on Instagram and Facebook with #leadwithlovepodcast.