Can I tell you a secret? I’m totally addicted to my laptop and iPhone. And my husband and daughter know it too.
So to help me curb my screen time addiction, and focus on what really matters to me the most–– my family, I’ve experimented with unplugging. It’s a family rule.
Here’s what I do to unplug:
1. Unplug five days a week for 2.5 hours
2. We’ve set a time for when it happens: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
3. We must stay away from phones, TV, laptops, smart phones, iPads and any other screen devices. We can listen to music.
4. We’re allowed to plug back in at 9:00pm if we choose.
How to unplug at night (a simple experiment)
Now it's your turn to take action:
1. Pick a date when you’d like to start your 5-day unplugging experiment.
2. Pick a certain amount of time that you’ll unplug every day (example: 1 hour per day).
3. Set a time that you’ll commit to (example: 4:00 – 5:00pm)
Bonus points: Share your commitment to the experiment with someone or on social media. Public accountability rocks!
Keep the conversation going here!
Subscribe for love notes and questions
Let’s be friends on Facebook
A lil' bird told me I should tweet on Twitter
Things get Pinteresting over here
Green smoothie lovin’ on Instagram