Recently I’ve been thinking a lot about home and how we personally define it.
I've always been a gypsy at heart and have the desire to travel around the world while running my business. World Schooling my daughter for a year is a definite bucket list item.
What might hold you back from exploring the world and letting home be wherever your heart leads you?
So often we get caught up in worrying about tomorrow, that we don’t give ourselves the opportunity to live today.
On the Lead with Love podcast I explore the heart of wanderlust and what it means to build an accidental business around a desire to travel the world.
In this episode, I get cozy with New York Times bestselling author, Matt Kepnes.
Matthew Kepnes runs the award-winning budget travel site NomadicMatt.com. He's also the author of the New York Times best-seller How to Travel the World on $50 a Day as well as the upcoming travel memoir Ten Years a Nomad. His writings and advice have been featured in The New York Times, CNN, Budget Travel, Time, and many more! He also regularly speaks at travel trade and consumer shows, owns a hostel in Texas, and launched a non-profit called FLYTE, which empowers students from underserved communities through transformative travel experiences.
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!):
- His strategies for building a brand around himself, while adding extreme value for others
- How he uses social media to share his journey and a pivotal moment for him
- The doubts and fears Matt has encountered along the way and how he’s learned to relax and trust the process
- What he’s done to navigate the big shifts in the blogging world over the past decade and what he feels is more useful to use than Facebook
- Matt’s writing process for his new book and why his second release was much more challenging than the first for him
- Why travel is easier to do than you may think, plus what Matt does to help people interested in traveling get started
FIND full show notes here: jadahsellner.com/161
Check out the episode on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or Google Play (or wherever you listen to podcasts). As you’re listening, take a screenshot, share your favorite takeaway and tag me on Instagram and Facebook with #leadwithlovepodcast.
Do you see yourself traveling the world and building your business? Are you joining Matt and an amazing lineup of speakers (including Cheryl Strayed, Mark Manson, and me!) at Travelcon, which is now sold out in Boston, June 27 – 29th?! I’ll be sharing How to Grow Your Email List in 30 Days or Less Using Challenges on Instagram. I’d love to see you there! Visit Travelcon.org to get your virtual ticket.