It’s been ten years since I opened the doors to my very first business in Kauai, and I’m feeling pretty nostalgic. When I reflect back on all I’ve done and
failed at learned being a business woman, wife and mother, I get more and more excited to share how women build something out of nothing but passion, love, curiosity and a deep commitment to figure it out.
That’s why I’m excited to share two things with you today.
Second, I’m so in love with today’s podcast episode. This is a business love story about a working mom who built a hobby business on the side of her corporate career that now generates multiple seven figures per year.
If you’ve ever questioned if it’s possible to build a profitable, successful business that brings you joy, freedom and peace without pushing, crushing, grinding, then episode 147 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with my friend and client Abby Walker, who I just adore to pieces.
Abby is the CEO of Vivian Lou, a multi-million dollar company dedicated to helping women look and feel better in high heels. She shares how she was fueled by passion when she leaped from a corporate career to googling her way to a path of entrepreneurship.
She’s also the author of Strap on a Pair – A Middle-Aged, Middle-Management, Middle-Class Mom's Quest for Something More, written to inspire anyone who feels trapped in the daily grind to take the first step—or the next step—toward finding their something more.
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!):
- How Abby and I originally started working together, and what I feel is one of her superpowers
- A time when Abby admits she had fallen out of love with business, and what got her out of it
- How her past career in the corporate world led to her building a multiple 7-figure “hobby” business
- The story of how and why she briefly returned to Corporate America and when she realized that she finally “made it” as an entrepreneur
- When some of Abby’s best ideas come to her and the book she says that literally changed her life