What if you didn’t have to find a big idea, but a small idea? If you’re looking to share your message through Ted talks and writing books, then episode 145 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In today’s conversation, I get cozy with my friend and personal book coach, Azul Terronez, host of the Born to Write podcast.
Azul helps authors and entrepreneurs write and publish books so they can reach more people, grow their brand, and share their message in an authentic way. In our conversation he shares how he delivered a TEDx talk that reached over 1 million views and how he became Pat Flynn’s book coach for the book Will It Fly, which became a Wall Street Journal Bestseller.
Originally from California, Azul’s love for travel and discovery led him to purge most of his possessions and create a location independent lifestyle and business with his husband after 24 years of being a teacher and principal.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- What the themes of constant movement and comfort in change have meant in Azul’s life [3:20]
- What’s been fun, and challenging, about being a nomad with multiple home bases [4:50]
- The difficult conversations he had around family in terms of the major life changes and moves they were about to undertake [8:38]
- The inspiration for Azul to share his message with a TEDx Talk thas has reached over 1 million views [10:28]
- Azul’s advice for others ready to share their own message with the world [19:58]
- How to cultivate authentic relationships for your business and life [23:03]
- The right way to be mentored – without coming out and asking someone [27:15]
- Tips and strategies Azul used to write a book in 30 days (and how you can implement those same strategies to write your book) [38:38]
- Why the mental game of writing a book is so critical to master [42:30]
Resources + links mentioned:
Follow Jadah on Instagram!
The Art of Apprenticeship by Azul Terronez
Will it Fly by Pat Flynn
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
“I think this movement has helped me understand that it’s a part of me, and sometimes the movement for me is in my ideas.” [4:12]
“Being so far away, you have to connect virtually if you’re going to maintain your relationships. So I think the podcast was to grow relationships and feel like I was right there with them.” [7:25]
“Why don’t we listen to what kids say? Why don’t we ever apply what they say that would make us great?” [12:28]
“Great Teachers Listen. They don’t just hear you, they listen.” [15:30]
“Simple ideas don’t stand out. They sit quietly, waiting to be found.” [20:30]
“Just do it. Doing is way better than being good. Being good is overrated. Writing is a team sport and lots of people can help you make it better, but only you can do the first draft.” [42:00]
“The biggest impact a book can have is on the author who writes it.” [54:21]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.