This past summer, I had the honor of speaking at the 4th Annual World Domination Summit in Portland, Oregon. The World Domination Summit is a convention where thousands (yes, thousands!) of world-changers + dream builders come together to inspire, learn and share their own experiences in entrepreneurship and living an unconventional life focusing on three core values: community, adventure and service.
This experience was heart opening for me. I feel so thankful that I got to share my story with 3,000 other dreamers and do-ers! I walked on the stage sharing one of the most vulnerable, truth-bearing spoken word poems that I've ever written (it's the first 3 minutes of the video, so you won't miss it). I was in my zone. I felt butterflies in my belly. I felt free.
I’ve included the video for you to watch–– I’m excited to share this experience with you!
In this talk, I share the heart breaks, the broken dreams and the tough parts in my businesses as I took imperfect action to success.
In the past few years, I’ve learned a lot on my journey in love, life and entrepreneurship–but I also shared at WDS (and now with you!) what I learned on how to create a successful business and thriving community.
- Businesses try to do everything at the same time, but you can’t have authentic conversations on five different platforms, so take consistent ninja-focused action. Try one social media platform at a time.
- Always stay open to different solutions–– try everything until one things works!
- Look at building your community like dating–– court them and build trust.
- When creating connections with your community, create long-term, hyper-engaged free offers.
- Love over metrics–– Always value love and people over profits.
I believe that we encounter every lesson in life on purpose and that we can use our failures as building blocks to something greater and better.
Keep the conversation going here!
Subscribe for love notes and questions
Let’s be friends on Facebook
A lil' bird told me I should tweet on Twitter
Things get Pinteresting over here
Green smoothie lovin’ on Instagram