Have you ever questioned your productivity, ambition and energy levels where you feel like you have too much or not enough? If you struggle with the highs and lows that come and the guilt that comes along with having big energy, then this episode is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with my personal friend, life and mindset coach, Rebecca McLoughlin where we talk about success, burnout, self-worth and validation.
Rebecca helps ambitious women hone and balance their “big energy” into focused action and feminine flow. As a Certified Life Coach with a Master’s in Counseling Psychology, Rebecca is able to support her clients, myself included, in doing the deep inner work needed to gain insight and free themselves from patterns of procrastination, self-sabotage and burn out. Through skilled questioning and deep listening clients not only experience more success and ease in their business, but also create more joy and meaning in their whole life.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- The role that self-love plays in leading with love in all aspects of your life [6:05]
- What can happen when Rebecca doesn’t love the person she’s working with and how she discovered her boundaries around this [7:10]
- A practice she recommends doing if you find yourself linking your worthiness to your work and success of your business [12:47]
- What being a “big energy woman” really means, and what to consider if you are one [16:47]
- What “Vitamin V” is and what Rebecca does to practice taking it daily [25:36]
- The fears she had in growing a family after already having a thriving business in place [31:25]
- How Rebecca has learned to trust the season she is in right now, and her rituals for getting (and staying) grounded [35:33]
- What she says is behind the success of every single big energy woman [50:49]
Resources + links mentioned:
“I don’t really work with clients who I don’t love, or I can’t fall in love with pretty quickly. It’s kind of like a prerequisite for me now.” [7:03]
“Hooking our worthiness into our accolades, into our things and into our possessions, it’s an epidemic in our culture right now It’s what our culture tells us will gives us happiness, success, and all the things we want, and it doesn’t.” [12:50]
“To be a big energy woman, I think we are visionary, we are expansive and we get stuff done when we put our minds to it.” [17:04]
“When you put it all out there, you’re going to be burned out for awhile. So be burned out and build back up, but just don’t be burned out and be judging ourselves.” [21:27]
“Our brains are so programmed to focus on the negative, rather than to really acknowledge and validate the positive.” [27:34]
“I knew intuitively that I was willing to be changed by motherhood, so that was going to change everything about me and my whole life. And it did.” [31:39]
“When we can have compassion, we live in a more loving world.” [52:59]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.