What would it take for you to trust yourself, trust others, trust the process, and trust the timing of how things unfold? If you know it’s time to practice patience even when it’s hard, then episode 150 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with Brigit Esselmont.
Brigit is the best-selling author of The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings, The Biddy Tarot Planner, and her newest book and deck, Everyday Tarot. A professional Tarot reader for more than 20 years, Brigit founded Biddy Tarot (www.biddytarot.com) in 1999, where each year more than 5 million people are inspired to live more mindful and enlightened lives, using the Tarot as a guide.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- The 3 levels where leading with love happens in Brigit’s life [5:23]
- How things have changed for her in the 20 years since she’s been in business [11:40]
- Brigit’s thoughts on what it really takes when starting out as an entrepreneur [13:38]
- Why she took a 6-week “rest period” from work [16:23]
- How Brigit got started with tarot and her first impressions of it [17:50]
- The works she does with tarot and how her husband views the cards [20:53]
- What fears and hesitations she had in taking a stand for her chosen field [26:04]
- Her journey to building a team and 7-figure business [29:33]
- What she’s done well (and not so well) in building a community and a large online following [36:03]
- The exciting plans Brigit has to build and further develop her own personal brand [39:23]
- What’s been challenging and exciting about the book writing process [51:23]
- What Brigit’s zone of genius looks like and how her team is helping her operate in it [55:33]
- The ways she’s personally taking a stand for what she believes in and why we should be integrating silence into our lives daily [63:27]
Resources + links mentioned:
Brigit’s Books + Products:
- Everyday Tarot
- 2019 Biddy Tarot Planner
- The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings
- Tarot Card Meanings Workbook
- Tarot Foundations
- Everyday Tarot card deck
The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
“There’s so much of us in our business that it would be remiss to ignore that little piece of yourself that is really present in your own business.” [5:27]
“That’s certainly been a priority for me with tarot. How can we start to improve the perception of tarot and align more with this modern view of it.” [7:59]
“I really value rest, but I also really value what I can create in my business. I think that for me it means being in flow between the two.” [9:55]
“As I got more and more into understanding what the tarot cards mean, I started to appreciate these cards as a deeply spiritual tool.” [19:08]
“I just think we can never really fathom what we are capable of.” [30:21]
“I see money as a tangible of the value that we create.” [34:07]
“I’ve learned a lot about just getting messy with the creative process.” [53:53]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.