Are you craving some innovation inspiration in how companies are built through conscious capitalism where everyone wins? If you’re ready to disrupt the status quo in how you build a company, then episode 151 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with serial entrepreneur and author Miki Agrawal.
Miki was named 2018 Fast Company’s “Most Creative People”, “Young Global Leader” by World Economic Forum, “Social Entrepreneur of the Year” by the World Technology Summit, and was one of INC Magazine’s “Most Impressive Women Entrepreneurs of 2016.”
She co-founded THINX (www.shethinx.com), a high-tech, period-proof underwear brand and led the company as CEO to a valuation of over $150 Million and to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2017, founded TUSHY (www.hellotushy.com), a company that is revolutionizing the American toilet category with a, designer bidet attachment, and WILD, the acclaimed farm-to-table, alternative pizza concept with 3 locations in New York City, one in Guatemala and more on the way.
She’s written two books, her first book titled DO COOL SH*T and her most recent Disrupt-Her that just hit the shelves.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- How Miki realized she could solve bigger problems in the world and make a living as an entrepreneur by doing so [7:58]
- A reframe you can make around the concept of “failure” [18:11]
- The lessons Miki learned by facing severe criticism by others [17:36]
- Where she’s found support through the hard times she’s faced [23:36]
- How writing her latest book differed from the first and the concept of the “70/10/10/10” process [25:46]
- What to consider if you’re looking to partner with others for corporate givebacks [29:39]
- Why Miki believes that “conscious capitalism” is the future of business [32:51]
- The ways she balances her business ambitions with her family life [34:34]
- What her home team support system looks like and how it’s now benefiting her son [36:40]
Resources + links mentioned:
- Disrupt-Her: A Manifesto for the Modern Woman
- Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After
“Whenever you’re doing anything disruptive and whenever you’re trying to create something that’s going to move society forward, you’re going to run into pushback.” [17:39]
“I never talk about failure. I always try to talk about revelation and what has been revealed to me in the experience, both good and bad.” [18:11]
“You can’t experience the highest of highs if you haven’t experienced the lowest of lows.” [20:10]
“Had I not gone through this really challenging experience, I never would have really had to practice flexing these muscles of overcoming.” [21:50]
“We live in this weird, interesting, conditioned world where there’s a thousand good comments and one negative comment, and you focus on the negative.” [23:31]
“Conscious capitalism is actually the most important vehicle that will change the world.” [33:18]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.