If you’re looking to lead with more flow, love and sustainable energy to do work that really matters to you and the world, then this episode is for you.
In episode 137 of the Lead with Love podcast, I get cozy with wellness entrepreneur and peace engineer, Briana Borten.
Briana inspires people to live extraordinary, healthy lives and create what they want. At age 23, she opened The Dragontree Holistic Day Spa in Portland, Oregon, which has expanded to two additional spa locations with an herbal apothecary product line.
Briana is also the creator of The Rituals for Living Dreambook, a tool to help people achieve their life dreams; the founder of a non-profit to empower women to create lives they are inspired by; and (her favorite passion project) leading transformational group energy programs with Love Rising.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- How Briana is bringing love to the team she works with and why she feels it’s a requirement to have [8:08]
- Her approach to difficult conversations and what can happen when you change the lens through which you view others [13:46]
- What her daughters think of what she does and how they are affected by her work [16:54]
- The story of how Briana made her first dollar as an entrepreneur [21:06]
- What gave her the confidence to start her own business at age 21 and open a new spa at 23 [25:11]
- The challenges she faced early on in business [26:51]
- What insight Briana has gained as she’s integrated her personal brand into the physical spaces that she’s created [32:09]
- How her businesses have evolved over the years [36:33]
- The difference between sustained energy and “cheerleading” energy [38:56]
- Briana’s daily rituals she uses to stay connected to her higher purpose and the one thing she believes that every single person should do [41:55]
- What’s been fun (and challenging) about partnering with her husband Peter in business [44:12]
- Her newest heart project, Love Rising Collective [51:36]
- Briana’s special message for the world and an action we can take today to connect with nature [56:09]
Resources + links mentioned:
“If I’m going to have any sort of leadership position with you, I must love you.” [9:58]
“It really shifts the relationship when you are looking for something different.” [16:09]
“I have a very specific thing that flows through me that wants to be out in the world, and when I try to veer away from that, it’s just not good.” [38:37]
“It’s not about hitting the goal for me, it’s about what the goal does for me.” [46:15]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.