Do you wonder what it takes to grow a million dollar business? Especially when you have a big family and big ambitions to make a big impact in the world? If you have big entrepreneurial visions, but don’t want to lose sleep and sanity in the process, then this episode is for you.
In episode 132 of the Lead with Love podcast, Rachel Rodgers and I have an honest conversation about the ups and downs of the entrepreneur journey as a CEO, mom and wife.
Rachel Rodgers is the founder of Hello Seven where she helps entrepreneurs grow seven figure businesses. She has built her own seven-figure business while raising three kids, and she knows it’s possible to have it all – family, success, money, impact and eight hours of sleep. Rachel is an intellectual property lawyer and a business coach, and she’s also one of the guest mentors for my Love Over Metrics Incubator.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Why loving yourself and leading by example is so important in business [6:35]
- What is really happening when you undervalue your services [8:21]
- How Rachel shifted her business from offline to online, and a peek behind the scenes of her first launch [13:56]
- The reason that money matters so much and how Rachel drew a “line in the sand” around this [17:00]
- What being an entrepreneur and a mother looks like (the good and the bad) [19:20]
- The power of having others show you that something is possible and the positive influences in Rachel’s journey in business [25:21]
- Why a strong “home team” is just as important as your business one [28:55]
- What Rachel’s work team looks like now and her role now as CEO [33:40]
- We talk about biggest fears and how entrepreneurship can bring security [42:10]
Resources + links mentioned:
Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
“You don’t have to hustle all the time in order to be successful and have a family.” [7:27]
“Love yourself in the way that you do business and be that example for people.” [7:52]
“I think sometimes just being real with people, you can’t lose.” [21:43]
“Being a leader means serving. How can I make my life an example?” [28:08]
“To me having a day job does not represent security, because you have zero control.” [45:32]
“My vision is to help create as many women of color millionaires in this country as humanly possible.” [46:23]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. Are you ready to get clarity on the next steps in your business? If you own a business and you’re ready to stop working on the day to day tasks, so you can focus on your vision + company growth, I can help YOU. Let’s explore the possibility of working together.
Get personal business strategy from me as you reach your goals.
We’re accepting applications for Love Over Metrics Incubator! A mastermind and mentorship program that will help you get clear on your next steps for business growth, so you can build a company that serves you and the world. Click here to learn more and apply now.
Plus, FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.