Are you ready to increase your financial health, empower your team, and create work from your soul? If you believe money is a form of freedom, but is not the end game, then this episode is for you.
In episode 139 of the Lead with Love podcast, I get cozy with Mike Michalowicz who is the entrepreneur behind three multimillion dollar companies, which he launched before his 35th birthday. Mike sold his first company to private equity and his second firm to a Fortune 500.
He’s the author of Clockwork, Profit First, and many more. Mike is a former small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and the former business makeover specialist on MSNBC. He’s on a mission to eradicate entrepreneurial poverty, so you don’t want to miss this conversation.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Who we shouldn’t forget about when leading with love [2:08]
- What Mike means when he says that we should be “putting life back into business” [5:31]
- His journey to becoming a self-made millionaire, losing it all and the pivotal moment that set him on the path to where he is today [7:08]
- What’s been Mike’s motivation for writing every single one of his books to date [11:47]
- His key mission in life and what he’s done to take action on it [13:43]
- What a successful business really is and some common misconceptions that people often have about entrepreneurs [16:18]
- Mike’s thought process when naming his books [21:08]
- How his writing has evolved over the years and why in certain ways he finds it harder now [25:36]
- What is the “QBR”, how to identify it in your business and why knowing it is crucial [29:58]
- How he plans to take an “operation vacation”, the challenges he faces with it and why it should be a goal for all entrepreneurs [36:48]
- What’s next for Mike and his view on the changing trends in business [41:28]
Resources + links mentioned:
The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
Start With Why by Simon Sinek
“I think if we’re truly loving to ourselves, we will be authentically ourselves, and now these platforms become a mechanism of server a great good.” [2:52]
“When someone really loves their business, that’s what I consider the ultimate wealth.” [19:12]
“If I’m not writing a book, I’m putting my entire business in jeopardy, so I need to protect that [role]” [33:30]
“When you extract yourself fully, the business can run on automatic. It can make impact without you, and that is something that can live on beyond your active input.” [34:46]
“I believe a business that does well for the entrepreneur also does well for his community.” [41:54]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.