Have you ever put so much pressure on yourself because you felt like you had to be more and do more, and be something you weren’t? If you’re nodding your head yes, this episode is for you. You’ll learn some tangible strategies to create social conversations and build community online in an authentic way.
In episode 128 of the Lead with Love podcast, I get cozy with Jasmine Star who inspires us to speak our truth.
Jasmine Star is a photographer and business strategist from Newport Beach, California. She dropped out of law school to pursue her dreams of being a photographer. In less than three years, she built an internationally recognized and award-winning business.
In addition to growing her business, Jasmine began consulting with business owners on how they could use social media to build a brand and grow their businesses. She's grown her social platforms to over 700,000 followers. And she’s on a mission to help others pursue their passion and build a life they love.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Jasmine’s back story and the personal situation that forced her to “wake up” and live her life [10:26]
- Her early business success and the key lessons she learned during that time [11:56]
- How Jasmine really began to understand what it was to be a business owner, and the mindset shifts she made along the way [13:58]
- What she did when she realized she wanted to pivot and build her own personal brand – and how she finally gave herself permission to do it [16:24]
- What her first launch looked like, including the “free fall” [21:54]
- The ways Jasmine now helps her clients grow their businesses, and the 3 most common problems she sees them facing [28:26]
- What makes Jasmine truly unique and how she keeps up with the fast changing trends online [32:26]
- Why she now views conversations as an integral part of her daily workflow [34:56]
- Her top tips and strategies for sharing on Instagram [37:25]
- The reasons Jasmine didn’t want to build a community online at first, but why she realized she had to [41:56]
- Jasmine’s best practices for content creation [47:50]
- A big realization she recently made and the actions she now takes to build the relationships in her life [52:56]
Resources + links mentioned:
“So I always try to put myself in that other person’s shoes. How are they thinking, and how are they feeling?” [7:41]
“I’ve always just noticed that when I lead with just me, that people have less expectations.” [10:00]
“I kind of started putting so much pressure on myself because I felt like I had to be more and do more, and be something I wasn’t.” [11:50]
“I really only intend to do one of two things with the people that cross my path. I am supposed to attract them into my orbit, or I’m supposed to repel them.” [12:22]
“There was nothing I wasn’t going to do in order to get a passport into this new world (of entrepreneurship).” [14:00]
“What I’ve noticed is that people who are most effective at social media are really good at creating social conversations in a digital space.” [27:10]
“How you get somebody in the door is to showcase who you are, and not what you do.” [28:12]
“We make the time for the things we love, but oftentimes the things that are always readily available are the things that get pushed to the bottom of the list.” [53:07]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. Are you ready to get clarity on the next steps in your business? If you own a business and you’re ready to stop working on the day to day tasks, so you can focus on your vision + company growth, I can help YOU. Let’s explore the possibility of working together.
Get personal business strategy from me as you reach your goals.
We’re accepting applications for Love Over Metrics Incubator! A mastermind and mentorship program that will help you get clear on your next steps for business growth, so you can build a company that serves you and the world. Click here to learn more and apply now.
Plus, FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.