If you’ve ever found yourself addicted to achieving and accomplishing more and more, and yet it never seems like it’s enough, this episode is for you.
You’re listening to episode 115 of the Lead with Love podcast and in today’s conversation, I get cozy with my dear friend, Julie Santiago, the author of Awaken: 6 Sacred Steps to Remember Who You Are & Why You're Here.
Julie was a part of a business mastermind I lead, and now we’re in a peer-led mastermind together. I can say being a part of a mastermind has been the #1 constant support system that’s been essential to my business growth. If you’re looking to find clarity on the ideas worth implementing in your business and feel supported by a community of women encouraging you to reach your BIG DREAMS and goals, make sure you get on the priority waitlist for The Love Over Metrics Incubator at loveovermetrics.com.
Julie Santiago is an inspirational speaker, the creator of The Gratitude Circle with over 40,000 members, and a spiritual catalyst for women who are longing to find something “more” in their lives. As a certified master life coach, initiated priestess, kundalini yoga teacher, she has led thousands of women through her private coaching, group trainings and retreats.
Now if you’re thinking about or have already made the leap from a corporate career, you’ll love Julie. She’s originally from Louisiana and graduated from Johns Hopkins University before quickly ascending the corporate ladder as a Wall Street trader. She walked away from millions of dollars to follow her own soul path toward freedom.
Today, Julie draws from her personal experience and years of deep soul initiation to guide women to break through their fear, discover their purpose, and awaken to their personal truth.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- What happens when Julie leads with her head instead of her heart [10:48]
- How she transitioned from the corporate world to the work she does today [12:33]
- Her journey with an “addiction to achievement” and her earliest memory of this happening in her life [14:11]
- The ways she now keeps this addiction in check and her tips on how others can do the same [18:33]
- Julie’s personal story of gratitude and how it led to the creation and growth of an online community of over 41,000 people (and the lessons she’s learned from building it) [21:48]
- What has been her biggest influence to pursue spirituality and how she’s helping others do the same [31:46]
- Her thoughts on masculine and feminine leadership, and why we need both to thrive [19:18]
- What intentions she had in writing her book and why she says that on personal level writing it changed her [43:07]
- The six sacred steps to remembering who you are and why you’re here [47:08]
- How Julie gets back into flow after a period of overwhelm [54:18]
Resources + links mentioned:
Awaken by Julie Santiago
“While the head can indeed be beneficial in business and entrepreneurship, it always takes passenger seat to the driver, which is my heart.” [8:21]
“Even when I throw the plans to the wind, I’m following my heart truly. It’s when there’s synergy and people respond.” [10:25]
“There was a part of me that was really afraid that I wouldn’t be good enough, that I wasn’t good enough unless I was proving that I was good enough.” [17:40]
“Creating is one of the most beautiful human things we can do.” [20:01]
“Peppering our achievement and creating with gratitude and appreciation for the present moment is so important.” [21:19]
“Finally I paused striving and doing to really listen to myself.” [33:44]
“In many ways I feel like this book is the journey of who I was and who I became.” [51:42]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove