In this conversation, you’ll get to know Marie Forleo. I discovered her when I joined her amazing online business program (that helps you fall in love with marketing!) called B-School.
In this episode we talk about why making decisions with your heart matters, even if it doesn’t always make sense on paper. We look at how to quiet that vicious voice in your head so you can do your work in the world, and also the importance of choosing joy, even when the work is not always sexy behind-the-scenes.
The cool thing about Marie is that she is so down to earth, even though she’s been named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation, as well as being named one of Inc’s 500 fastest growing companies. Marie’s mission is to help you build a life you love and to use your gifts to change the world. She’s the creator of the award-winning online show, Marie TV, with over 35 million views on YouTube from an audience in 195 countries! As well as being the founder of B-School, through her Change Your Life, Change The World initiative, every product purchased helps support a person in need.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Why Marie says that leading with love and listening to your heart in business is always a win-win situation [4:02]
- The process she uses to determine the things she says “Yes” to [7:17]
- An example of a time when Marie went with logic over her heart – why it didn’t pay off and what she did about it [12:33]
- What she means when she says that she’s a “multi-passionate entrepreneur” [17:17]
- The intentional things that Marie did when she first starting building her community online – and who she has zero tolerance for [25:17]
- What shifts she’s looking to make in her business and the filter that her team uses when making all decisions [33:15]
- The mantra that Marie lives by in business and life… [47:03]
Resources + links mentioned:
Marie Forleo's B-school – online marketing & business training currently open for enrollment now through March 1 (I'm a proud B-School grad and affiliate partner!)
The Inner Game of Tennis by W. Timothy Gallwey
“To me it just comes down to listening to my heart and understanding that my heart has wisdom that is simply not accessible through the logic, rational parts of my mind, my brain and my experience.” [4:12]
“For me the metrics that really matter are my health, my joy, my sense of fulfilment and how much fun I’m having on a day-to-day basis” [10:41]
“Every communication is either a loving response, or a cry for help” [31:00]
“What fires me up is those timeless elements of connection, so that’s where I put the majority of my focus.” [36:22]
“I knew in my heart, coming back to that love piece, that I wanted to transform as many lives as I possibly could while I’m on the planet.” [51:42]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove