In this episode of Lead with Love, I talk with my friend Chris Ducker, the bestselling author of Virtual Freedom and founder of youpreneur.com — the entrepreneurial mastermind community that helps experts become the go-to leader in their industry.
I love Chris’s approach to building a personal brand to support your business by becoming “somebody’s favorite.” He goes deeper into this process in this episode as well as in his newest book The Rise of the Youpreneur.
Chris has built several businesses since venturing into the world of entrepreneurship in 2004, which today collectively house over 450 full-time employees and generate a multi-seven-figure annual revenue. Chris is featured regularly in Entrepreneur, Inc., Success, and Forbes. He not only brings a wealth of business wisdom to the table, he also shares his heart and humor.
I’m also a keynote speaker at Chris’s live event this year –– join me in London Nov 3-5, 2018! I’ll be talking about building your community and how to lead with love in life and business, You can grab your tickets at youpreneursummit.com. I’d love to meet you face to face.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- When Chris knew he really wanted to make a difference by helping others – and the “scandalous” story that goes with this [9:22]
- How Chris pays it forward by always honoring his mentors [16:12]
- What shifted for him and how he pivoted his brand to the Youpreneur concept [18:07]
- Why he feels that you don’t need a huge following now to make a true impact online [25:30] and why he feels that “know, like and trust” isn’t really the answer [32:07]
- Chris’s tips and strategies for building a personal brand using social media [32:00]
- What you can learn from his experience with live events [41:52]
- How to lead with intention, as a parent and spouse and how to stay connected with your family [48:57]
Resources + links mentioned:
Youpreneur Summit – I’m a keynote speaker –– join me in London Nov 3-5, 2018!
Rise of the Youpreneur by Chris Ducker – his new book
Virtual Freedom by Chris Ducker – his first book
See You At The Top by Zig Ziglar
Brother Ray: Ray Charles Own Story by David Ritz
““If you treat a business like a business, it will pay you like a business. If you treat a hobby like a business, it will still just pay you like a hobby.” [8:00]
“If somebody does good to you, you must do good back to them, or at least to someone else. You’ve got to carry it forward.” [14:21]
“Now I don’t care so much about the money. Now it’s more about the impact that I’m having.” [23:13]
“You do need to get a little more personal, because people want to do business with other people and more importantly, people that they know, LOVE and trust!” [37:37]
“We have never been more connected as a human race as we are today, but we’ve also never been more disconnected.” [43:19]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove