Are you called to do less in your life? If you’re looking for another way to do work and live a more meaningful life without the badge of burnout, then episode 142 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In today’s conversation, I get cozy with entrepreneur, bestselling author, and momma, Kate Northrup. We talk about creativity, motherhood, and a new way to approach productivity.
Kate supports ambitious, motivated and successful women to light up the world without burning themselves out in the process. Committed to empowering women entrepreneurs to create their most successful businesses while navigating motherhood.
Kate is the founder and CEO of Origin Collective, a monthly membership site where women all over the world gather to achieve more while doing less. Her first book, Money: A Love Story, has been published in 5 languages. Kate’s work has been featured by The Today Show, Yahoo! Finance, Women’s Health, Glamour, and The Huffington Post, and she’s spoken to audiences of thousands with Hay House, Wanderlust, USANA Health Sciences, and more.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Why “leading with love” means something different for Kate now versus what it did a few years ago [3:15]
- What makes good boundaries and how they make life easier for everyone [7:01]
- A boundary of Kate’s that she has recently communicated to others [9:03]
- How she realized that she was playing small in her life and business and the money and mindset blocks she had to overcome [12:45]
- Her journey to having a 7-figure business and how she turned “pro” [15:51]
- Why Kate decided to pivot to a new niche and what had to happen internally [24:25]
- How her “Do Less” philosophy was born and how it can help you achieve more [27:12]
- The way that Kate honors the season she’s in – and helps others do the same [30:00]
- What was exciting (and challenging!) about writing her new book [35:35]
- Her approach to writing her second book and the creative process she followed to get it done [39:35]
- The reasons Kate started her Origin Collective membership community and how she takes part in it, but manages her energy so she’s not online 24/7 [53:45]
Resources + links mentioned:
The Origin Workshop, January 15, 2019
Preorder: Do Less: A Revolutionary Approach to Time Management for Busy Moms! by Kate Northup
Kate's Mom's website, Christiane Northup, MD
Cook organic with Green Chef! Sign up with my link and get 4 free meals
Check out Thistle – it's plant-based, prepared meals. Get $30 off with my referral code
“It’s become abundantly clear to me that one of the biggest stumbling blocks of managing our time and energy with ease and grace is not having good boundaries.” [5:59]
“For me as an entrepreneur, I would play small as a way to keep myself safe from what I perceived to be other people’s judgments.” [13:03]
“It was a lot of just owning my work and owning that I do have something unique and powerful to say, and that it’s ok to say it.” [17:58]
“I have a laser focus now that I did not have 6 months ago.” [46:25]
“To me it’s super-important that people can get some of my best stuff, and feel included.” [49:42]
“How do we disengage ourselves from the cultural myth that our productivity is equal to our worth?” [60:34]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.