Are you willing to be patient enough and consistent enough to do the work that lights your soul on fire? If you know it’s time to pursue your dreams even when you see no clear path on how to achieve them, then episode 146 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In today’s conversation, I get cozy with my friend John Lee Dumas.
John Lee Dumas is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an award winning podcast where he interviews inspiring Entrepreneurs who are truly ON FIRE. With over 2000 episodes, 1 million + listens a month, and seven-figures of annual revenue, JLD is just getting started.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- What John listens to that he feels has enabled him to get to the place where he is today [8:38]
- The fears and doubts that held him back from launching his podcast – and how he overcame them [9:10]
- Where John got the inner confidence to pursue his dreams, even when he saw no clear path to achieving them [12:49]
- Lessons he learned early on from his mentor that he still applies to his life and business today [14:49]
- Why who you spend your time with matters [17:37]
- What reading books and listening to podcasts did for John as he built his business [19:09]
- The reasons that having patience is key for an entrepreneur’s success [28:47]
- How John launched his first physical product and what he learned from it and a second product that didn’t do as well [33:19]
- The way he comes up with his new ideas and then executes on them – plus the #1 most important thing that you should be doing with your idea [39:01]
- How and why John is diversifying his revenue streams in the constantly changing online space [46:02]
- What his ideal work day and week looks like and the way he prioritizes his health [56:19]
Resources + links mentioned:
Entrepreneurs On Fire 1506: The body you want is a virtual reality with Jeff McMahon (JLD's virtual trainer)
The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale
Crushing it by Gary Vaynerchuk
“Every single time I follow my gut, I follow my intuition, and I follow my heart, things just work out for the best, because it’s telling me something.” [8:25]
“I’ve always had this inner confidence. I’ve always had this inner fire. It’s just always kind of been part of my personality, part of my being and part of who I am.” [12:55]
“I got there by just surrounding myself with the right words, the right people, by the right positivity, and here I am today.” [21:53]
“I just kept coming back to the word ‘Patience.” So many people, they just don’t have the patience to keep putting in the consistent, quality work.” [27:47]
“I have to create a solution for a significant, real, actual pain point, otherwise people aren’t going to add this to their life.” [40:50]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.