How could perfection and old stories that you created when you were younger be blocking you from more connection and love in your work and your life? If you want more clarity, but feel stuck and just can’t figure out why, then episode 149 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this episode, I get cozy with my friend Kavita J Patel.
Kavita is a Relationship Coach. She has studied ancient eastern philosophy for 20 years, and combines those practices with her studies and experiences in family systems and human behavior to create her own transformational process, called The Parent Work™ .
Kavita teaches that our relationships with lovers, spouses, money, our bodies, our kids… are all affected by things that happened between us and our parents or those that raised us in our childhood. And The Parent Work™ is a unique approach that has helped thousands change the way they operate in their lives by often having one profound conversation…with their parents.
Kavita supports her clients in breaking through those limiting subconscious patterns, so they can create deep levels of connection and love within themselves, and become the person they’re meant to be.
She has been seen in: CBSNews, Huffington Post, FoxNews, Women’s Health, Women’s Day, and more. You can learn more about her work at www.kavitajpatel.com.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Why Kavita says that love literally touches every part of what she’s created in her business [5:48]
- The reasons that love sometimes means you have to challenge the people around you [8:27]
- How she now asks for permission when challenging those she cares about [11:15]
- Kavita’s process of how she digs deeper with the clients she works with [12:45]
- Ways that the need to be perfect can hold us back in our relationships [17:05]
- How studying spirituality at a very young age has impacted her work [19:39]
- The tremendous way our relationships with our parents will affect us throughout life and what lights Kavita up with her work around this [25:21]
- Why deep conversations with our parents are needed [28:33]
- A very personal example of a time that she was triggered and the conversations she experienced around sharing about these traumatic past events [32:03]
- The positive effect that opening up to her parents has had on her marriage and how you can take the first step to having similar conversations with your parents or caregivers [35:42]
- Kavita’s “Why” and the vision she’s moving towards today as a new mother and business owner [41:30]
Resources + links mentioned:
“I try to deeply listen to what I can hear and what is in between the words, and be able to reflect that back whenever possible.” [6:45]
“I just see a person and I can see the places in which they might feel blocked or stuck. I want to dive in and explore with them what they might be, so that they can can have more of what they want.” [10:40]
“Perfection can actually keep us from flow of love. It can keep us from connection.” [17:05]
“Every living being is a soul, and that soul is perfect. It’s absolute perfection and it’s unlimited potential.” [20:21
“Conversations are profound, because it gives you a perspective you could never have gotten without it.” [31:00]
“So that’s kind of the vision. I’m living out my life’s purpose and bringing my family along with me.” [42:05]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.