Are your days starting to feel extra full, packed minute to minute with no space to create, no space to rest, no space to restore? If you need a reminder that it’s okay to not do it all, then episode 152 of the Lead with Love podcast is for you.
In this solo episode, I’ll share how to create more space and simplicity in your life, so you have room to create and focus on what’s truly lighting you up.
I’ll share four simple steps that help me reset my mind and prioritize my schedule:
1. Connect to your vision
2. Clear the mental clutter
3. Clear the deck
4. Calendar your priorities
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- What will happen if you keep saying “Yes” to every opportunity that comes your way [1:38]
- Some of the challenges that we face as entrepreneurs [7:18]
- Where creativity lives and what to do for it to come into your life [8:49]
- The ways I can tell if I’m losing spaciousness and things are getting out of control [10:38]
- How having a strategic quarterly plan, and long-term vision, will help you succeed [12:00]
- The “brain sneeze” exercise that just takes minutes, but can significantly reduce your mental clutter [14:03]
- What it means to “clear the deck” and the four ways you can do it [23:38]
- A reframe that will move you from having a fear of missing out to a joy of missing out [23:58]
- The process of setting boundaries and letting your calendar dictate your priorities [25:48]
- What steps to take next and why the action you take doesn’t have to be “perfect” [29:13]
Resources + links mentioned:
Essentialism by Greg McKeown
“It is ok to not do it all, at least not all right now.” [1:01]
“I think that’s one of my superpowers. I have a really, really big vision and I’m unattached to the timeline of when it’s going to happen and how it’s going to happen.” [6:34]
“I’m willing to make all the entrepreneur trade-offs in exchange for creativity, to express my voice and my gifts, and to make a positive impact on other people’s lives.” [8:17]
“Burnout is not an option, so I need that spaciousness.” [9:50]
“Slow down. Look at what really matters. What is your plan, what are your priorities and what is your vision? Really connect to that.” [13:50]
“My only true priorities is what is actually on my calendar. If it’s on a piece of paper floating around somewhere, it’s not a true priority.” [21:52]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.