Have you ever wanted someone to lift the curtain and tell the truth about the messiness of motherhood and business, share what it takes to have a business partner, and be super honest about imposter syndrome on social media? If you want a backstage pass to what it really looks like to being your own boss when time is your most precious asset, this episode is for you.
In today’s conversation, I get cozy with Kathleen Shannon, the co-author of the book, Being Boss.
Tune in and listen below:
What you'll hear (and don't want to miss!)
- Kathleen’s thoughts on the imposter syndrome and whether she’s ever experienced on her own journey [6:26]
- What the Being Boss movement is all about and how she is putting love into practice within it [10:51]
- One thing that most entrepreneurs are neglecting to do (and why they need to do it) [14:51]
- How Kathleen found her “Business Bestie” and the ways they make their partnership work [15:46]
- What surprised her the most about the book writing process and the challenges they faced with it [21:46]
- What a day looks like for Kathleen when things don’t quite go according to the plan [33:30]
- What a business partner is and isn’t [46:56]
- What’s working, what’s kind of working, and what isn’t working with their podcast [54:36]
- Why Kathleen decided to shut down a Facebook group with over 25,000 people [59:46]
Resources + links mentioned:
Being Boss by Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon
“It’s just so funny how metrics and numbers can completely just skew our perception of the humans behind the (social media) accounts.” [1:35]
“Show up and be yourself, because I believe that is one of the best things we can do for other women, is to tell our truth. It “I’m doing the best I can with what I’ve got, and I’m being as honest as possible and show up and being seen anyway.” [4:32]
“That’s where our podcast really struck a chord, is that we were hitting publish on the business bestie conversations that we were having that so many people were craving.” [26:41]
“I think that’s what part of being boss is; really assessing what you value and how you’re compensated. Right now, time is my compensation more than anything.” [28:07]
“We can allow other people to step in. We don’t have to do it all.” [33:05]
“The more honest we can be, the more it diffuses any challenges.” [46:17]
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Show some love
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help spread the word, and I take the time to read each one.
The Lead with Love podcast is hosted by Jadah Sellner (that's me!). I help entrepreneurs build their tribes with the online program, Build Your Challenge. I'm also an author, international keynote + TEDx speaker, poet, and creator of Love Over Metrics™, a Business Growth Incubator and Mastermind for women with big ambitions and even bigger hearts. #LeadWithLove
P.S. Are you ready to get clarity on the next steps in your business? If you own a business and you’re ready to stop working on the day to day tasks, so you can focus on your vision + company growth, I can help YOU. Let’s explore the possibility of working together.
There are two ways to get personal business strategy from me as you reach your goals.
1. 1:1 Mentorship for Visionaries is my private coaching program for business women who already have teams in place, make consistent revenue, and who need personal insights and feedback with a high level strategist.
2. Love Over Metrics Business Growth Incubator is a mastermind that will help you get clear on your next steps for business growth, so you can build a company that serves you and the world. Click here to get on the waitlist. We review applications soon!
Plus, FREE gift for you: Get the 5-Step Challenge Roadmap here, so you can grow your tribe in a fun + simple way.